Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm a Doofus

Remember how I have been following the 1 Million Women Campaign for Climate Change?

Well I was uber excited as I bought a ticket to their Melbourne Forum as it sounded like there would be some simply wonderful and inspiring speakers, I mean, check out the list of who was presenting:

Keynotes:
Sen. the Hon. Penny Wong - Minister for Climate Change & Water, Federal Government
Sam Mostyn - Business and Sustainability Advisor, AFL Commissioner, Member of NSW Climate Change Advisory Panel

Panel:
Senator Christine Milne - Deputy Leader Australian Greens, Spokesperson on Climate Change, Energy, Education and Arts
Julie Birtles - CEO, Beyond Excellence
Linda Brown - Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Swinburne TAFE
Cheryl Batagol - Chairperson, EPA Victoria
Victoria Coleman - Senior Policy Officer - Sustainability , CHOICE

Sounds great right? A bit of a treat for myself to go to a ritzy breakfast at the Hilton! Something I've been looking forward to for a while.

So you can imagine my surprise this morning at about 7:25 as I was standing at the mirror blow drying my hair and daydreaming when I remembered that the breakfast was TODAY! And it had started 30 minutes earlier! I ran around frantically before resigning myself to the fact that by the time I made it it would be half over and I would just make a scene trying to get in. I missed it. I suck. What a doofus.

1 comment:

  1. oh no that totally sux! what a horrible feeling you must of had as soon as you realised what day it was. i hope you still had a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!