Monday, October 26, 2009

Frankendress

So I like to think taking a dress and trying to make it into a better dress, no matter how different the vision is to reality, is 'upcycling'.

The HTB just sees it as comic relief as Bexy gets really angry stuffing up her craftiness wannabe once again. And swears like a sailor and curses the day her sewing machine was brought into the world. And damns craft to the fiery depths of hell. And swears some more and empties the dregs of the pantry looking for alcohol, only to find a tiny bottle of cointreau used in cooking once.

PS - I quit my job today. I am totally pissed and posting. Dangerous.

But this is my new dress! And yes, also my new ink. Have I mentioned I am totally in love with Danny from Tattoo Magic on Gertrude St? He is my god, he drew me my phoenix and has dreamy eyes. It's a work in progress, colour to come over the next few weeks.




The only other photographic evidence I could find of the old dress was Christmas 2007. I have clearly spent too much time at the beach as I am way too blonde and way too freckly and am channeling a GC housewife. In short - I hated the top and the straps so I cut them off, made it strapless and added part of a $0.50 valance as decoration.



1 comment:

  1. wow thats some serious ink i cant wait to see it complete or more in progress shots as you go!

    ps i am yet to blog drunk but do find myself shopping online drunk - this can be very dangerous. in general ill try and stay away from the computer when under the influence! easier said when sober ; )

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!