Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Sydney Weekender!

Melbourne was freezing on the weekend, complemented by hail and rain. Sydney was also freezing, complemented by another dust storm. Choose your poison I suppose.

We were up in Sydney on the weekend for two reasons - to celebrate a dear friend's 40th, and to meet the newest member of our circle of friends - tiny little Lucas.


Blissfully adorable asleep on my belly.


And checking out the world over Pete's shoulder. CUUUUUTTTTEEEEE!

Less adorable when he managed to poo out the leg holes of his nappy and all over himself and his mat somehow. And then during that change, Belinda forgot what I have since learnt is the number one rule of baby boys - point their willy downwards in the nappy lest he pee up and all over himself and mum's party dress. Which he did the second he was dressed. Who knew?

On a selfish note, I'm glad he wasn't getting cuddles from me at that point - I made a new dress especially for the birthday party. It was extra special as it was the first (and at this stage only) dress I made completely by myself on my very own sewing machine. I tried especially hard not to cut corners and I think it turned out pretty well! It's from another $2 oppie sheet, and I cut up an old silk scarf I no longer wear to spruce things up a bit.



Pete teases me because it is the third time I have made a variation of this pattern (you may remember it from previous blog posts such as this one and this one) but it's easy, cute, flattering and I like it! So maybe I'm turning into a weirdo with a cupboard full of wrap dresses made out of sheets, but hey, he's the sucker that proposed to said weirdo!

2 comments:

  1. awe lucas is a cutie! and with the cute comes the ugly : )

    love your dresses! i think i need to get me some $2 sheets. or perhaps not i have an ever increasing pile of clothes/materials to be refashioned or simply fashioned first!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I think you look gorgeous in the said dress and the colour suits you too mum

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!