Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Winter Cape!

Hoorah! Here are some pictures of my new Winter cape, which I finished on the weekend - just in time for Spring! Hmmm.

I ended up cutting off about 15cm from the bottom as it was a little "wizardish" to quote Pete, who, bless him, was a very worthy male model for me on Saturday and stood with my cape on so I could cut it hanging rather than flat. Trying to cut it flat was totally driving me up the wall! Did not compute. At all.

It was a little more complicated than what I had envisioned (which was a sheet tied around the neck, 6 year old superman style), with it's yoke and lining - by pure fluke alone do the checks line up on the centre back seam!




I sincerely apologise for the cheesiness of the last shot, by this stage I was running late for work and just wanted one shot of the lining (made from a $2 oppie sheet)! Anyway my cape got me major props on it's first run today, so I was very happy indeed. I was working on this cape in a class with the lovely Julie from the fabulous Thread Den - without Thread Den I would still not be able to sew and that would be so sad, as I love sewing so much!

And of course, no cape would be complete without one Dracula moment. Var!



PS - tee hee, I am on the gorgeous Peta Pledger's flikr stream wearing one of her great shirts on a recent trip to Sydney!

1 comment:

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!