Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm Free!

Oh bliss! Oh sweet merriment! It's been warm in Melbourne for like, 5 days and already I've spent 2 nights on the rooftop at Madame Brussels drinking cocktails, one night in the Recorded Music Salon drinking cocktails (ok, so it's not exactly Summery but my lord they make a mean martini), dropped by the hustle and bustle of the Shanghai Dumpling House in China Town and had Japanese barbecue skewers while listening to J-Punk at Kura Yakitori bar in one of the back alleys near Fed Square.

I was wearing short sleeves! SHORT SLEEVES PEOPLE! (I am presently blissfully ignoring the ominous looking sky this morning...)

Last night was divine, the (sob) last few days of heady jasmine is in the air, the breeze was cool and the Cat Empire did a free gig in Federation Square. I've come to realise that in order to be a true Melbournian, along with unflinching support for your team (and the occasional slip up "so in the VFL oops I mean AFL") one must also take pride in The Cat Empire and claim to have been fans since they weren't even The Cat Empire and were just gigging around Melbourne as up and comers. It was great! Sigh, the pretty one really is pretty, you know. REALLY. I think it's because he always looks kinda sleepy.

The gig was for Youth Decide action on climate change. Go take a look and cast your vote! It will make you feel young to realise that Youth Action includes people up to the age of 29... The HTB (that's husband-to-be you know) even brought in the camera for me (bless) so I will see if I got any half decent shots - without a tripod or a big lens night shots are going to be a little how's your father, and of course we were there for some tunes so photography wasn't a huge priority. But we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!