Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Say hello to your friends...

The Babysitters Club!

OMG, I have not been able to stop reading this blog since it was mentioned on the Frankie blog the other day (I think it was the Frankie blog? But I can't find the original link anywhere? So sincere apologies if it was one of the other clever blogs I read and you are not getting the kudos you deserve for highlighting such a riotous gem). HILARIOUS. Please do yourself a favour and read the entry I linked to, it's gold!

I totally had one of those moments of thinking back to how between my next sister down and I we had collected every single BSC book - Treena, do you know where they are these days? I hope ma stashed them away for her grandchildren, though I have a sinking feeling they went in a garage sale or something years ago... We also had the BSC boardgame, and I remember one moment of telling mum in the car I was going to pretend to be diabetic like Stacey. Sensible.

Here's an excerpt from 'Claudia and the Perfect Boy':

"You'd be amazed by the colors that go together. Take pink and gold. You might not think to wear pink socks with gold stretch pants, and then add a gold turtleneck under a pink sweater. But that's what I did yesterday, and then I added blue jewelry. It was great! I looked like a human sunset. The outfit made me very happy."

Yep, uh huh - Gold!

3 comments:

  1. another blast from the past for me!
    wow im impressed you and your sis collected the lot. i remember borrowing them from a friend i think she almost had them all!

    the link was from the frankie e-newsletter : )

    enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea where they are. I remember I was reading the babysitters little sister ones before moving up to the babysitters club! I do remember Claudia being the especially trendy friend. Do you remember watching the movie?
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think the game is in the garage - not sure, but maybe the books too
    mum x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!