Friday, July 31, 2009

Absolutely Intoxicating

Oooh how much do I adore thee Jasmine?

My most favourite, favourite, loved more than any other flower.

I love that its fragrance is so heady it can make the air thick with scent and make your head feel giddy. Absolutely Intoxicating.

There was Jasmine all around music block back at QUT The Grove, so it will forever remind me of lazy uni days, and the end of Brissie winter when the sky is clear, the sun is warm, and the breeze is cool and crisp. When you'd be too content stretching in the sun to go back to class and would instead lie in the grass and look at the clouds and solve the world's problems with your mates. Bliss!

I was therefore very very excited to see that the divine Jurlique has brought out a range of Jasmine shower gel and body lotion. Jasmine scented products always seem to smell a bit cheap and a bit nasty - they never seem to capture the true scent of Jasmine, don't you think? I think that's because Jasmine needs to get out in the air, mingle with the smell of dusk and be warmed up by the heat of the night to really and truly smell like Jasmine. I just can't imagine that kind of smell coming out of a bottle?

Well, I can gladly report that the Jurlique range is the least offensive attempt at Jasmine that I have come by so far. It's not quite perfect, but once it's sat on the skin for a little while and the top notes have worn off, you do kind of get that Jasmine base note lingering behind. Pretty.

(Don't you just love how professional I sound with all this 'top note' 'base note' stuff? I should be a nose!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!