Sunday, July 26, 2009

Warby Weekender!



Spent a lovely weekend at the pretty little house of my beautiful friend Kester.
The trip down and back was accompanied by the radio tuned to Gold 104.3 "where the classic hits and fair-dinkum Aussie doubles roll" until we were far enough out to get Yarra Valley FM "for a finger-pickin' good time". I was in paradise, husband-to-be not so much.


We put a roast in the slow cooker and cosied up wi
th some fuego. We read our library books ('Gothic Glamour' and '100 Years of Fabulous Australian Weddings' for me and 'Micro-Serfs' for Pete), we read the paper (yes, that's my favourite goat lady with her beloved goats!) and we ate Guylian sea shells. We brewed some mulled wine in a pot on top of the fire place and we watched some movies (Terminator 1 - fantastic, and Alien Resurrection - terrible).



Unfortunately, I spent most of the evening in a coma from the carbocide committed by ingesting the aforementioned sea shells and mulled wine, but it was fun all the same!


This morning we stopped in at the yummiest cafe in Warby for breakfast. I had the Greek brekkie (scrambled eggs with tomatoes, spinach, olives and feta). Yum yum yum and it certainly satisfied my sudden craving for cooked tomatoes!


When we got home I had a long soak in a hot bath - don't you just love taking a bath in the afternoon? I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!