Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Reasons I love Melbourne #2 - Hopeless, Able and Game, Mainichi

Sigh. I'm tired today. I'm having one of those days where you just can't wake up, and your hair isn't working and when you glimpse yourself in the mirror you look 100 years old. And then I foolishly compared the photos of La Viola Vixen with the last photo I posted of myself playing with a red flash. I look like a dorky eight year old boy compared to her! Sigh.

I had a coffee for lunch, and have finally had the chance to slow down for a minute. I figured I could get a guaranteed feel-good kick from having a little browse on Etsy and posting a little note here, which as you can see from my 4-post day yesterday is clearly my latest obsession. The husband-to-be has got the longevity of this obsession pegged somewhere between my juggling (I couldn't quite master the third ball, and juggling with two is just not very exciting) and gardening (was going really well til it got too cold to go on the verandah, now I just have bulbs which from what I understand you simply put in the ground before Winter and close the door, then they are magically flowers when Winter ends, right?). But no, I foresee long term great things here.

ANYWAY, back to the point. I DID look at Etsy and it DID make me feel happy. I decided to use the local search function - just because, no reason - and came across so many creative types in Melbourne, far too many to count. Here are three that caught my eye:

Pretty, pretty, pretty knickers!!


Warm and fuzzy and clever cards!!



Who knew that cutoffs and leftovers and upcycling could be so perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!