Saturday, July 4, 2009

What a lemon




This morning I got up early (and I mean E-A-R-L-Y – it was still dark!) to make a cake and put dinner in the slow cooker all before brunch. How industrious. I have been lusting to make this cake since reading about it on one of my most worshipped blogs, Distillate. I was very excited, as I have never separated eggs before and did my very best to make a most delightful and delicious cake to celebrate a birthday. It did not, however, turn out anything like the picture (see previous point about never having separated eggs before I suppose) but was nonetheless a treat for the tastebuds. Next time I will make my own lemon curd to up the special ante, yes, I definitely will!


Further exploration required:
-how do I get good light for photos during a rainy, Melbourne winter?
-how does a pimple in the middle of my chin erupt just from looking at that cake?
-why does everything I cook in the slow cooker taste like the same, watery non-specific meat?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!