Sunday, July 19, 2009

Melbourne Open House + Beer and Burgers

What a spectacular Winter's Day! Sunny and cold and perfect. Made the most of it by getting out and wandering around some of the buildings featured in Melbourne Open House.

First stop was Denmark House - those Danes sure know how to make a funky lamp.



The Manchester Unity building was bypassed due primarily to the 3 hour queue, instead we popped into Capitol Theatre for a bit of an Art Deco fix.



We also stopped by Council House 2 - a gorgeous ecologically aware office block with some great eco design. I amused myself in the queue by playing with the reflections in the glass walls, the husband-to-be on the other hand was not so easily amused.



The day ended with beer and burgers at Beer Deluxe in Fed Square. A lack of clean clothes lead me to raid Pete's wardrobe for the day, so it seemed fitting to honour his style with some beerage to complete the picture. Look at us in our matching orange and black stripes! So cute. Pete can frequently be seen rockin' a fierce stripe (not that he would say so in so many words of course).



Hmm, how is it that 'Diana with Beers' is the only half decent shot I got all day?

1 comment:

  1. I managed to get inside the Manchester Unity Building, but I arrived at 9am - 1 hour before it opened. But I was glad I did because when I exited the building at 10:30am, the queue extented to Elizabeth Street.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!