Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Well, my lovely Melbourne turned on some great weather for my birthday this year. 120 km/hr winds and squalls. It was really great, you know, particularly as my birthday present was supposed to be a hot air balloon ride! It got canned, personally I thought we could have attempted to get to Oz, but no, we need to reschedule. Boo.

The aforementioned winds resulted in a lot of time spent indoors playing Bass Fishing on Wii. We did get out for a lovely lunch at Melba restaurant in the very glamorous Langham Hotel yesterday though. Pete said my outfit 'looked like something I would put on my blog'. And apparently that wasn't meant to be a compliment? I don't get it.




Dinner with friends at The Commoner in Fitzroy - was SO GOOD. Rustic, hearty, warming food and wine. We all agreed that we could think of no better place to escape the freezing wind!




Some more preening over birthday presents, complete with a new shower cap shaped like a chicken (spotted on the way to lunch yesterday, to replace my busted out shower cap shaped like a raspberry beret. Love a novelty shower cap). How gorgeous are the flowers! Divine.




The first flower from my bulbs on the balcony! Hooray! Does that mean Winter is on the way out?



Today was cold. It threatened to rain on us, but it didn't give any more than a few splutters. I like this picture of me being a cold train bandit as you can see Pete in the reflection of my glasses.



We went on a little outing to Sophie Gannon Gallery to see the current exhibition by Julia De Ville. Amazing!



pics here

I was silly today and let myself get waaaaay dehydrated in all the windy excitement. Dehydration makes me waaaaaay cranky. Stopped for lunch in the food court at Melbourne Central and I proceeded to scull 3 green teas and a big bowl of miso soup. I felt waaaaaaay seedy after that. And yes, I know, bad Bexy abandoned the vow to reduce the amount of waste I create with this lunch! Finally, we stopped in at the charming Pelligrinis for espresso and blueberry pie before moseying home for a night in.



So, overall, I'm still extremely bummed my balloon ride was cancelled - I was just so excited and looking forward to it! But I moved on from declaring it "worst birthday ever", it's been a pretty good couple of days, even if the weather has kept us holed up inside most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!