Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sake and Cool People

Last night I popped into the Nicholas Building to check out the open studios. The Nicholas building is full of artist studios, and they were open for browsing as part of Craft Cubed. The people wandering through were painfully, effortlessly hip. Gorgeous, cool and one hair away from complete fashion victims. But they pulled it off perfectly. I felt like such a dork compared to them, carrying my empty lunchbox and shuffling around the studios trying not to knock anything over. Only one thing could make me feel better - a visit to our beloved Sushi Masa on Bourke St for sake, seaweed salad and a Sushi Masa bento. It was the only way I could lure the husband-to-be into the city to meet me, it's his number one favourite restaurant, a hole in the wall Japanese bar we discovered by accident. YUM. I thought the sake would help me get up the courage to ask the little old sushi master himself if I could take his photo, but all it did was make me giggly. So no photo this time. Maybe next time?



After a couple of beautiful Winter's days here, it's raining again today. My jasmine is blooming out of control and I'm desperate to enjoy her but it's too cold and wet to have the verandah door open! Look at her all covered in rain drops. Mmmm it smells SO GOOD!



So this rainy morning has been spent drinking Pete's perfect cappuccinos, reading a little poem I bought at the Poet's bookshop in the Nicholas Building last night, and listening to Suggs from Madness programming Rage. What a cool guy.



PS Handmade Romance left a little note on my blog! I'm star struck, I love her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!