Thursday, August 27, 2009

On the weekend?

Maybe I will whip some of these up on the weekend? They are so pretty! Kirsty is so clever.

But I'm scared of tealights in glasses. I had a candle obsession in high school, like most girls did. Complete with candle wax in the carpet from spills and drops, candle wax up the walls from blowing them out too hard, and ruined pots and pans from attempts to make more candles out of the remnants of old candles. They always seemed to come out purpley-blue, even though the candles I melted were a variety of colours?

Anyway, the point is, one night I was having a lovely relaxing bath, complete with tea lights all around the tub. Then one exploded. Apparently the glass got too hot? Fright of my life. Then another one exploded. Bath time O-V-E-R.

The husband-to-be hates the fact that I horde away glass jars. I just can't bear to throw out a salsa or jam jar, they just look like they will come in so handy one day! Maybe this will be my solution? I think they would be pretty on the verandah for Spring BBQs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!