Saturday, August 22, 2009

Spring is in the air...

Oh hurrah! Went out on the balcony earlier and my first jasmine flowers were hiding in the back of the bush waiting to be spotted! They smell so great!



And I have three daffodils now!



It was a gorgeous morning here (some heavy looking clouds are looming now - oh dear) so we went for a bike ride down to the Slow Food market at Abbotsford Convent and stopped in at the giant Salvos too. The Salvos had a dining table and chairs which matched perfectly our couch (the wood frames at least, not the upholstery) as well as a tiki style cane couch with palm print cushions - perfection! But we didn't get them, our little apartment is already full to the brim with 'stuff' - and of course we are not supposed to be spending money, remember?

Oh and PS - I learnt a valuable lesson this morning. While it may seem like a good idea to ride around in a giant woolen poncho, I discovered when you are pedalling like mad and a gust of wind comes through at just the right angle, the front of your poncho tends to blow up over your face and head. I would go from 'la la la' pedalling along happily, to screaming and holding on for dear life with a face full of blue wool and no idea what was coming up in front of me. Reasonably uncool. Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!