Sunday, August 30, 2009

Life Is Beautiful

It was a beautiful morning in Melbourne today, and I had the verandah doors wide open soaking up the nice breeze and of course, my glorious jasmine. Divine! But, being Melbourne, she got surly pretty quickly and heavy, black clouds came through later on. This gave me the perfect opportunity to finish a few things I had on the sewing cards. I finished a dress and a Winter cape (a little late maybe?) I had on the go - promise to post photos Jo as soon as I wear them. I also got a spontaneous burst of upcycling inspiration and made a teapot mat and some new coasters.



They are backed with the leg of an old pair of busted out jeans, and the fronts are scraps of material in my stash. I have made a dress out of each of those fabrics, I can't wait to serve tea while wearing the matching outift! Very Stepford. The husband-to-be told me to my face they were ugly and "too crafty". How rude! But, knowing him as well as I do, I had predicted such a response and had planned the backs with a dual purpose - the denim will soak up heat, but also give him something less 'crafty' to look at on his side of the coffee table.



Next up was Print Gocco - hurray! Like just about every single Brown Owl in Melbourne, Pip has got me well and truly hooked on Gocco. After my hand (not to mention fabulous ring) was made famous here, I ordered my own and finally had a chance to play today. It was only my first run, so I was a little careful and conservative, but HOORAH! Great Success!

Some busted bulbs and my screen was ready, some squished ink and off I went.



Have you ever seen so many cards!?



Life truly is beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. haha enjoying reading your blog. we have a few similarities, my boy proposed to me just after 8 years and he makes comments like yours on my crafty pursuits so i try to compromise and keep him in mind if its something for our house! and he like hats! too funny. great gocco work by the way. and no need for the star struck-ness although im very flattered and you are too sweet but i'm just a girl like you posting what i love : ) i'm glad you finally commented on mine so i could find you. enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!