Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Top 5 Coolest Jobs

So, yesterday one of the coolest chicks I know emailed me this link. We decided that we simply must throw it all in and go and work in a nice bookstore. That then got me thinking about my top 5 dream jobs (had to be 5, I just couldn’t narrow it down any further.) And of course, this does not detract from my passion about becoming a naturopath, these are OTHER dream jobs, ok?

My Top 5 Dream Jobs

1. As per the intro, working in a cool bookstore. Preferably with one or more of your BFFs. A bookstore like Metropolis or Hill of Content would do just nicely, thanks!

2. Be an architect. Architects are infinitely cooler than I could ever hope to be. If I were an architect, I could make all my magical dream eco houses come to life. I would definitely specialize in sustainable design. And I could make my own personal dream house with its sunken lounge surrounding a fireplace, its high ceilings, its ample natural light, its outdoor entertaining pavilion, its outdoor concealed shower, its veggie patch, its creative use of space, its walls of bookshelves with those ladders that hang off the shelf, its floating wall units, its day beds and window boxes and much more. Maybe I could even make a house as cool as this one I saw on the tellie!

3. Be a continuity expert for a movie or tv show. I am forever getting frustrated by scenes in which someone’s fringe or jewellery or background change with each cut. I would notice that kind of thing. I definitely would. I’m very observant, you know.

4. Be a costume designer/stylist for cool TV shows set in a very particular era. You know that I’m thinking Mad Men here, right? How cool would it be to be PAID to spend time researching, going vintage shopping, making sure everything was p-e-r-f-e-c-t and creating characters from their clothes?

5. Be a florist. Florists get to help celebrate beautiful times, and make sad times more special. Everyone loves a florist, like in the sweet picture below! But only in one of those snooty florists where you buy each flower by the stem and they put them together for you. I’m not sure I’d like the early morning market runs to get the best flowers though.

I used to want to be the person who got to watch heaps of movies to find the individual words for the “that’s what I want” ads you get in movie theatres, but I don’t really know if that would make my top 5 anymore. Maybe I could work there on the side whilst being a continuity expert – I don’t reckon it would be a full time gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!