Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things that make me realise I'm growing up...

  • Getting the energy bill and realising that next pay we are not going to be able to go out anywhere. And just accepting it without throwing a massive tantie or having a whinge
  • Wondering if I am too old for certain clothes
  • Even more potent - wondering if I am too YOUNG for certain clothes
  • Writing on my blog in between turning the chicken and veggie rissoles I made for tea
  • Not physically being able to swallow the $8 bottle of red bought on the cheap
  • Having friends who are wine-y enough to be able to tell me which $8 bottle I should actually have bought for an ok drop
  • Having a friend with a baby ready to pop out and join the world
  • Being soooo excited by the concept of meeting a friend's baby
  • Hiring people born in 1991 and realising they are old enough to vote and drink
  • Not being able to fathom sleeping until 1pm on the weekend. How is that physically possible?
  • Being a bit disappointed if we sleep in til 10am on the weekend after a late night, as half the day is already gone
  • Understanding where mum came from when she'd get stressed if friends came over randomly and she hadn't vacuumed
  • Catching myself saying complete mumisms like "you can clean up your pile of crap or I'll clean it up and it'll all go in the bin"
  • Being excited by the fact we have a set of really nice knives (engagement present)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!